Onslow Salt Pty Ltd (OSPL) is looking to recruit an Electrical Tradesperson to join our team. This position is residential with company housing provided rent free with relocation assistance. The roster is an even time roster of 4 days on, 4 days off, 4 nights on and 4 days off.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent you will be required to actively contribute to a small electrical maintenance team in all aspects of the day to day operations of the department, in a safe and timely manner, whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship, housekeeping and a can-do attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Committed to working in a small tight knit team;
• Team orientation and commitment to continuous improvement;
• The ability to work unsupervised in a constructive and effective manner;
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• High regard and commitment to safe work practices;
• Proven experience with all electrical preventative maintenance, breakdown and installation;
• Be a self-starter, able to analyse and solve problems in the field; and
• Be enthusiastic, motivated and have a positive attitude.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Attend daily breakdown, maintenance items and work orders;
• Undertake maintenance work on refrigeration and air-conditioning units;
• Log work orders;
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance;
• Maintenance, inspection and operation of high voltage electrical systems;
• Maintenance and calibration of site instrumentation;
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous;
• Work in and maintain a working environment with an acceptable level of housekeeping;
• Use and maintain company provided tooling in accordance to working specifications and conditions;
• Monitor and record the use of workplace consumables;
• Assist in the training of apprentices and other staff;
• Attend training when required; and
• Actively contribute to the organisation to produce quality salt, minimise costs, and maximise efficiency.
• Qualified Electrician, with a current Energy Safety WA electrical workers license;
• Successfully completed high voltage switching operations course highly desirable;
• Current WA HR Licence highly desirable;
• Current LV Rescue and CPR training advantageous;
• High Risk Work tickets – WP,LF,CV,DG desirable;
• Cert IV in Instrumentation desirable;
• Sound knowledge, skills, and experience in working in a similar role and living in a remote town;
• Dual Electrical / Refrigeration tradesperson will be highly regarded when filling this position; and
• Be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, obtain a National Police Clearance and obtain and maintain a Maritime Security Identification Card.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary package that include generous allowances, whilst working in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment. This is your opportunity to enjoy a relaxed and laid-back lifestyle while living on the cooler coast. OSPL are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage applicants from all genders, backgrounds and ages to apply. If you are a team player with a can-do attitude and believe you’re suitable for this position please forward your resume & cover letter to HR@salt.com.au or by mail to Human Resources, PO Box 23, Onslow WA 6710.
Please note only shortlisted candidates for the position will be contacted.
Applications close Friday 22nd November 2019