• Residential position in Onslow, Western Australia
• Long Mine Life
• Excellent employee allowances & benefits
• Company supplied Housing and Utilities
We currently have a vacancy within the Technical Services Department for a Laboratory Technician. The successful candidate will be required to work safely in a mining environment on an even time roster of 4 shifts on, 4 days off, working a combination of day and night shift. This position is residential and relocation assistance is provided for the successful applicant. Company housing is supplied rent free with generous company allowances to cover most general domestic services.
The position reports to the Technical Services Superintendent and plays an instrumental part within a small team to produce accurate and timely analysis of process samples in an optimal manner whilst meeting Onslow Salt Pty Ltd (OSPL) safety and environmental objectives. You must be able to demonstrate a real commitment towards safety, have sound communication and organisational skills, have high attention to detail and a desire to continuously improve operations. Some activities of this position can be physically demanding and require the applicant to work outdoors in sometimes hot and humid conditions. The applicant must be physically fit and able to tolerate such conditions, as they will be expected to assist in other areas of solar salt operations periodically.
To be successful in this role you must have the following;
• Certificate Ill in Laboratory Skills (or equivalent) as an essential minimum requirement;
• Tertiary Qualification in Laboratory Skills or related discipline highly regarded;
• Prior experience will be well regarded;
• Previous mine site experience;
• Capacity to work safely, identifying hazards and changes that may impact safety;
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively unsupervised or within a team
• Self-motivation and initiative;
• Desire and ability to learn new skills;
• Be able to pass pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, obtain a national police clearance and be able to obtain and retain a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC);
• Good computer skills, with experience in Microsoft suite;
• Current WA ‘C’ Class manual license; and
• Be passionate about what you do.
• Sample and data collection from condenser and crystalliser field, process washplant, and stockpile;
• Analysis of brine and salt samples using a combination of classical volumetric and instrumental based techniques, including titrations and chromatography;
• Accurate and timely result generation, data entry and record keeping;
• Capacity to maintain laboratory stocks, carry out routine maintenance and calibration of equipment and maintaining working environment in a clean and tidy manner;
• Assist in development of new methods and procedures; and
• Effectively communicate between colleagues and peers to ensure operational needs and company targets are met.
At OSPL we are a team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who values and supports diversity within the workforce.
OSPL are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applicants from all genders, backgrounds and ages to apply. Please forward your cover letter & resume to HR@salt.com.au or for information call 08 9265 8009. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st February 2020