POND TENDERER / BRINE OPERATOR
• Residential Position in Onslow, Western Australia
• Excellent Employee Allowances & Benefits
• Company Supplied Housing &Utilities
• Long Mine Life
We currently have a vacancy within the Technical Services Department for a Pond Tenderer / Brine Operator to monitor and maintain brine levels and flows across the salt field whilst actively managing brine supply and quality and participating in quality and quantity control, within the field and operation. It is a physically demanding role and requires the applicant to work outdoors in a sometimes hot and humid environment. The applicant must be physically fit with ability to tolerate such conditions. The successful candidate will be required to work safely in a mining environment on a Monday to Friday roster arrangement.
This position is residential and relocation assistance provided for the successful applicant to move to a relaxed and laid-back lifestyle living on the cooler coast. Company housing is supplied rent free with generous company allowances to cover most general domestic services.
The position reports to the Technical Services Superintendent and plays an instrumental part in focusing on field control, quality and the environment. You will join and contribute to a dedicated team committed to providing consistently high services whilst maintaining safety standards at all times.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Commitment to the Health and Safety of all whilst protecting the environment.
• The ability to prioritise tasks.
• Self-motivated and shows initiative.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with a high attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Be highly motivated and have the capacity to work as part of a team or unsupervised.
• Desire and ability to learn new skills.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Brine Control Management.
• Record and report on brine and salt quality & quantity.
• Undertake routine sample collection/preparation/analysis of brine, salt and laboratory process samples.
• Undertake instrument maintenance and calibration.
• Monitor and maintain weather station.
• Monitor and routinely inspect various pumps, culverts and channels.
• Operate and maintain culvert control structures.
• Accurate data entry and competent data review.
• Ensure survey monitoring of crystallisers and stockpile is achieved.
• Current WA ‘C’ class manual licence. HR and LF highly regarded.
• Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications.
• Year 12 (or equivalent).
• Experience working within a remote location and working in isolation.
• Be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol screening, obtain a National Police Clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Maritime Security Identification Card.
• To be considered for this position, candidates must have the right to live and work in Australia.
At OSPL we are a team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who values and supports diversity within the workforce. OSPL are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applicants from all genders, backgrounds and ages to apply. Please forward your cover letter & resume to HR@salt.com.au or for more information call 08 9265 8009. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications is Friday 21st February 2020