PRODUCTION OPERATOR – ALLROUNDER
Are you seeking new opportunities as a Production Operator and wanting to get into the mining industry?
We are currently seeking Production Operators to join our Team at Onslow. The successful candidate will be required to work safely in a mining environment on a 2:1 (14:7) roster arrangement which includes night shift. The position is residential and relocation assistance will be provided for the successful applicant. Company housing is supplied rent free with generous company allowances to cover most general domestic services.
Reporting to the Production Team Leader, you will be required to operate triple road trains, mobile plant and fixed plant in a safe and timely manner whilst maintaining a high standard of workmanship, housekeeping and a can-do attitude.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
• Proven capacity to operate triple road trains with road ranger gearbox;
• Proven capacity to operate graders, loaders, dozers and excavators;
• Fixed plant experience advantageous;
• Commitment to the Health and Safety of all whilst protecting the environment;
• Capacity to work safely, identifying hazards and changes that may impact safety;
• Good interpersonal skills, the ability to work effectively unsupervised or within a team;
• Self-motivation and initiative;
• A desire and ability to learn new skills and be passionate about what you do.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
• Safe and efficient operation of site haulage equipment, mobile plant and fixed plant;
• Maintain a high standard of housekeeping, and inspections of mobile and fixed plant;
• Completion of task(s) that are set out by the Duty Team Leader in a safe and timely manner;
• Adhere to all safe work practices;
• Maintain accurate record keeping;
• Maintain clear communication at all time;
• Recognise and complete risk assessments on all new or changing formats on site.
• Current Western Australian ‘MC’ licence or applicable experience in operation of triple road trains;
• Sound knowledge, skills, and experience operating mobile plant;
• Good communication skills with a proved ability to follow both verbal and written instructions;
• Ability to work rotating night and day shifts;
• Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a safe working environment;
• Proven ability to contribute to team outcomes;
• Be able to pass a pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol screening, obtain a National Police Clearance and be able to obtain and retain a Maritime Security Identification Card.
Our employees enjoy a competitive salary package whilst working in a dynamic and collaborative team-based environment. This could be your opportunity to enjoy a relaxed and laid-back lifestyle while living on the cooler coast.
Onslow Salt saltfield’s were built in the late 1990’s and began shipment of salt in 2001. In 2006 Mitsui & Co Ltd, one the worlds most diversified trading enterprises, acquired Onslow Salt (OSPL). OSPL are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage applicants from all genders, backgrounds and ages to apply.
If you are a team player with a “Can Do” attitude and believe you are suitable for this position please apply by forwarding your resume and cover letter to HR@salt.com.au. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Applications close Friday 8th November 2019